Hello and welcome. What follows are some details about me, my practice, and who I work with. If you would like a free phone consultation or have a question not answered here, please be in touch. My contact info is at the bottom of the page.
At some point, life challenges everyone and sometimes we get stuck. Stuck in sadness, fear, and resentment. Blocked by doubt, worry, and low confidence. Stuck in an unhealthy relationship, or a series of unhealthy relationships. Or stuck being single and alone, never successfully maintaining a relationship. Sometimes we get stuck in a job that drains us, in unhealthy habits, in indecision. We may know why we’re stuck, such as a painful experience or relationship in our past. Even though it’s in the past, it’s affecting our present and getting in the way. And sometimes we don’t know why we’re stuck or how we ended up where we are. It’s like we have a blind spot; invisible, yet holding us back.
I am here to help you get unstuck. I help people…
- move through major life events and transitions
- heal from losses and grief
- resolve relationship and marital issues
- rebound from professional burnout and stress
- replace unhelpful habits with helpful ones
- overcome emotional and psychological blocks like anxiety, depression, and past hurts
- address collections and hoarding
- break-free of past trauma
My goal is to help you reconnect to the dreams you once had for yourself, even if these dreams now seem impractical, unrealistic, or impossible. Sometimes, we give up and settle and compromise our true desires in life. But I’m committed to you overcoming what’s stopping you. I will help you in becoming your best self and living the life you once envisioned for yourself. You can be confident again. Optimistic. Joyful.
My therapy practice is informed by twenty years of counseling and providing support in the mental health field. My career has included running programs that treated hundreds of individuals, and training and supervising other counselors and professionals. I have seen what works and doesn’t work in helping people. Based on this, there are a range of approaches and mindfulness-based strategies I employ in my practice.
You can learn more about me and my practice in this video.
How I’ll work with you…
My first step is compassionate and focused listening, to get to know you, what you are experiencing, and what you want to change, transform, or create. Then together, we’ll identify your goals. With goals comes the wonderful opportunity to reawaken to your dreams – to what you really want out of life.
In determining how we’ll work together, I consider who you uniquely are. I use approaches with a proven track record of success in helping people (Evidence-Based Practices according to the psychological community). These include…
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Solution-Focused Therapy
At times, I use processes like…
- Guided meditation
- Grounding exercises
- Narrative therapy
- Other self-awareness-enhancing tools
I use these processes when they are a match for you and are of interest to you. I also bring a healthy dose of commonsense and principles of emotional intelligence. Even with highly regarded Evidence-Based Practices in their toolbox, I believe the most effective therapists are people who are warm, non-judgmental, down-to-earth, and fully present with others.
Who do I work with…
I work with adults, professionals and couples grappling with a variety of circumstances. Examples include…
- Young adults in the throes of intense emotions stemming from relationship and social challenges, school and work pressures, or uncertainty about the future
- Professionals fatigued and disenchanted by burnout and the stress of balancing their many responsibilities in life
- Those under the dark cloud of depression that seems to follow them everywhere, coloring their thoughts and sapping motivation and pleasure
- Those in the grips of anxiety, bracing against the panic that comes with facing situations like traveling, going into public, and being around others
- Artists, writers, and other creators weighed down and blocked in their processes and lives
I grew up in the outskirts of Philadelphia. I achieved my B.A. in Psychology at Penn State University and my Master’s in Social Work at Bryn Mawr College. In the early 2000s, I relocated to Maine and quickly fell in love with the beauty of the state and the values and genuineness of its people. In addition to therapy, my passions include snowshoeing, hiking, biking, and writing. Recently, my first book was published, Dream Haiku: Poems from Nights and Naps.
Insurances I take…
I take several insurances including:
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Harvard Pilgrim
- Community Health Options
- Martin’s Point US Family Health Plan (Military Insurance)
- Martin’s Point Generations Advantage (Medicare Replacement)
- I also take self-pay